Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Adift






Set adrift on an ocean of memories
Washed by the waves
To the middle of nowhere
In the middle I stay
With no idea how I'll pull through
The shore behind me beckons me to come back
And I feel a hollow ache in my heart
How did I drift away
From a shore where I felt so safe?
Once upon a lifetime,
A time not so long ago
I thought I'd stay
At that shore forevermore
But in a heartbeat, everything changed
I felt myself being pulled away
One wave after the other
I tried to fight
I tried to swim back
But the waves were much too strong
And I had to surrender myself
To the flow of the waves
From a distance,
I could see another shore
It wants me to move on
And look back no more
I know I can't stay adrift forever
I have to choose
One shore over the other
Which one?
Where to go
I simply don't know
I'll just let the waves
Take me to my destiny 


No comments:

We must never permit the voice of humanity
within us to be silenced. It is Man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him a Man.

--Albert Schweitzer

Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.


--Viktor E. Frankl