Friday, November 27, 2009

Ode to My Shadowgroom



Cerulean--you--I have loved before time
With all its temperate, indifferent instability wrought uncertainty
To certainty beguiled.

'Twas you--eyes of beryl seas--gazed upon me 
Refulgent, wrapped with manacled pulchritude
Aforetime driftless fate awashed you in clouded doubts.

Indigo, you, I have loved vanward dolorous airs
Wrought barriers impermeable--
Salves to wounds unseen.


Infinity sets free--images fade, tinged with yellowed age.
Yesterdays filled with you, distinct.
Turquoise, I close my eyes---


The eternal blaze of a never-setting sun. 


No comments:

We must never permit the voice of humanity
within us to be silenced. It is Man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him a Man.

--Albert Schweitzer

Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.


--Viktor E. Frankl