Friday, December 4, 2009

Some men...

 

...are just plain idiots and give a bad reputation to the decent ones out there.

This misguided man decided to flirt with me while I was lighting a candle in church before Mass. That's not even the best part. Mr.-I-have-a-jungle-of-blazing-red-chest-hair-that-I-must-expose-to-churchgoers-by-unbuttoning-the-top-three-buttons-of-my-Italian-silk-shirt somehow decided that the best way tom me was to ask, "So, what are you? Like half what?" And then HE WINKED AND SMILED BEFORE INTRODUCING HIMSELF. 


Oooooh...And it gets better. Or worse, depending on how you look at it.  


Before I could tell him that I'm 100% human (unlike him), he then went on to ask, "Do you come here often? Wanna have dinner after this thing?"


Seriously, how do you even dignify that stupidity with a response?!?!?! Well, you don't. So I just finished lighting the candles and walked away without a word.

Well, Chucky Chest Hair somehow didn't get the hint, 'cause he followed me to the pew. I don't know if he's a former frat boy who played too many beer pongs or if he was dropped a couple (thousand) times on his head as a baby. One thing's for certain: he's the founding member of Jackass Flirting International. 






No comments:

We must never permit the voice of humanity
within us to be silenced. It is Man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him a Man.

--Albert Schweitzer

Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.


--Viktor E. Frankl