Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Angels Used to Cry

 

Hold your head up and wipe your tears dry
Your pain has unlocked the gates of my once-closed heart
For so long all I've ever wanted was to remain unemotional
But when I held you in my arms,
I forgot about the fears that made me shut out the world  


Once upon a lifetime
Angels wandered the world aimlessly
Tears streaked their rosy cheeks
As they drifted off to sleep 


Prayers left unspoken and unanswered
Were what my heart hath beckoned
Thought I'd be alone forever,
Then you came into my life
You looked into my eyes and saw my dreams
Not the emptiness I once cast upon the stars and skies 


And in this lifetime

I wandered this world purposefully
Peace filled my heart
As we walked hand in hand


No comments:

We must never permit the voice of humanity
within us to be silenced. It is Man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him a Man.

--Albert Schweitzer

Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.


--Viktor E. Frankl