Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chasing Time



Source

I've just begun my Ed.M program and  I can already feel IT.

Restlessness. Wanderlust.

Time.

I'm always chasing time. Chasing time to the edge of nowhere and everywhere.

Is it because I'm a cancer survivor and carry this not-quite-irrational fear that there can never be enough time? My intellectual side rationalizes time as man's greatest invention. My human side whispers, "Run, run, run. Live your life. Do it all at once and chase time."

Maybe I'm meant to keep running and chasing time. To hold time's tenuous threads of memories as time itself soars in the sky. 











No comments:

We must never permit the voice of humanity
within us to be silenced. It is Man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him a Man.

--Albert Schweitzer

Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.


--Viktor E. Frankl