1. As the sidebar of this here blog subtly declares, I'm HAPA, or mixed race. The short version is that my da was Hawaiian-American and my mom's of Spanish, Filipino, AmerIndian and Chinese descent, but was born and raised in the Philippines.
2. I can speak 8 languages fluently and about a dozen if you include the languages that I can speak at an intermediate level.
3. Like dear ole Harry Potter, I look like my dad but have my momma's eyes.
4. When I was a kid, I was afraid of Santa Claus. I always thought the notion of a stranger keeping tabs on whether you were naughty or nice was stalker-y. Then there's the whole sneaking into the house through the chimney. Yeaaaahhhh....
5. I went to a Catholic school almost all of my life, and I constantly got in trouble for saying that Jesus was a zombie because He rose from the dead after 3 days.
6. I also got in trouble for saying Catholics are cannibals with the whole drinking the blood and eating the body of Christ.
7. It's been about 16 years since I last played the mandolin and bandurria, but when I picked up a mandolin at a music store, it was as though no time has passed. I can still play Church songs from memory.
8. I cannot whistle or snap my fingers.
9. I'm afraid to light a match or a lighter...totally the opposite of a pyromaniac.
10. In addition to a shoe and bag addiction, I also collect fountain pens, Filofaxes and angel figurines.
11. My hair used to be almost knee-length, but now I'm addicted to short hair.
12. My momma is one of my best friends.
13. My other bff and I met in Tibetan Buddhism class.
14. My ultimate goal is to start my own non-profit organization that offers livelihood programs and education for honour crime and conflict survivors.
15. I really, really, really wanna move to Turkey. Like, right now. But realistically, it'll have to wait until at least next year or so.