Thursday, June 30, 2011

For someone who used to have knee-length hair, I sure am obsessed with short hair

Source
Or maybe it is because I looked like Cousin It from behind that now my automatic reaction is shorter! This is sad news for my mom, of course, who wailed "Why did you cut my hair?!?!?!" when I unveiled my nape-length hair back in 2009.

My hair grows really fast (thank you, Hawaiian genes!) and I've had periodic cuts--not trims--since then. Now that it's summer and wicked hot, I've been thinking of snipping off maybe 2 inches or so. Stylists don't really agree on my face shape--some say it's heart-shaped, while most say round. In my humble and unbiased opinion, I think my face is as round as a watermelon and punctuated with a pointy, mango-ey chin. Sort of in-between Reese Witherspoon's and Jay Leno's.

In between researching genocide/honour crimes, teaching English, and attempting to have a fun summer, I've been Googling "short hair, round face" to find inspiration cuts. Here are some of the cute ones:


Source    


Source   

Source
 
Source


Source  


Source


I'm leaning toward the last two styles--Kristin Cavallari's and Kristin Kreuk's--or some sort of an in-between that would suit my face shape. I'm liking the reddish colour of the woman in the first pic, with maybe a few highlights and lowlights done baliage-style. But we'll see. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, after all!


No comments:

We must never permit the voice of humanity
within us to be silenced. It is Man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him a Man.

--Albert Schweitzer

Everything can be taken from a man or a woman but one thing: the last of human freedoms to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.


--Viktor E. Frankl